• Start with a clean dry surface, free of oil, grease and dirt.
• Shake well and spray 8”-12” from surface.
• Apply several coats until all cracks and holes are filled.
• Allow product to dry before applying another coat.
• If light passes through, apply additional coats.
• Dry time depends on temperature and humidity.
• Allow 24-48 hours for product to fully cure.
• READ ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS ON CAN BEFORE USE.
A: Flex Seal® will adhere to most any surface such as: wood, metal, tile, concrete, masonry, fabric, glass, plastic, aluminum, porcelain, dry wall, rubber, cement, some vinyls and so much more! Flex Seal® may not be compatible with all plastics, vinyls, or rubbers.
A: Flex Seal® Clear coats, seals, protects and stops leaks fast! However, in order to give Flex Seal® Clear its amazing transparency, we had to make some adjustments to our formula. Therefore, Flex Seal® Clear will be slightly thinner and multiple, even coats may be needed to get the job done.
A: No, Flex Seal® is not affiliated with GAF and is not intended for use by Professional Roofers.
A: No, Flex Seal® should not be used to seal a gasoline tank, oil tank or any other flammable material.
A: NO, Flex Seal® is not made to withstand extreme heat or pressure.
A: Though non-toxic and plant and animal safe, Flex Seal® has not been tested with drinking water.
A: Yes. For these applications we recommend FLEX SEAL® LIQUID, the liquid rubber in a can! Now you can brush it on, roll it on, dip it or pour it anywhere you need it! For more information, regarding FLEX SEAL® LIQUID, please follow the link below:
A: NO, Flex Seal® will not sag or drip in the summer heat.
A: NO, Flex Seal® will not dry out, crack or peel. It stays flexible and pliable.
A: Flex Seal® can be applied on a wet surface, or moist environment in the event of an emergency. However, Flex Seal® will always adhere better to a clean, dry surface. To ensure its longevity, we recommend you reapply Flex Seal® once the area is completely dry.
A: Flex Seal® will withstand normal hydrostatic water pressure such as rainwater, but it is not made to withstand extreme pressure.
A: One Jumbo 14 oz. can will cover about 12 sq ft, depending on thickness.
We recommend you spray the area using an even sweeping motion, let it completely dry and apply additional coats as needed. Several even coats are better than one coat and each time you recoat the surface you will continue to fill in any holes or cracks and the surface will be sealed.
A: Yes, but make sure to only use Flex Seal® ONLY in a well-ventilated area, and prevent vapor buildup by opening doors and windows. Ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. Do not use near heat, sparks, pilot lights or other sources of ignition.
- Read entire can. Wear face and eye protection, protective gloves, and clothing.
- Make sure the area is clean, dry and free of grease, oil, and dirt.
- Shake well: Spray 8” to 12” from surface using an even sweeping motion.
- Apply several even coats until ALL cracks and holes have been filled.
- Allow 24 to 48 hours to dry before applying another coat. Fully cures in 48 hours.
- Use Flex Seal® ONLY in a well-ventilated area. When using inside, prevent vapor buildup by opening doors and windows. Ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. Do not use near heat, sparks, pilot lights or other sources of ignition.