• Start with a clean dry surface, free of oil, grease and dirt.
• Push nozzle and apply to surface.
• Remove excess product immediately with dry paper towel.
• Dry time depends on temperature and humidity.
• Product forms a skin in 20 minutes.
• Allow 24-48 hours for product to fully cure.
• After using, extend a small amount of product past the end of nozzle to form a plug. Pull out plug when ready to use again.
Flex Shot™ is so easy to use! Just follow these simple steps:
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, grease and oil.
- Hold can at a 45-degree angle, push against the nozzle and apply directly to the area to be treated. For a perfect bead, apply in a steady, even motion. Adjust your speed to control the thickness of the bead.
- If further tooling is required, complete within 5 minutes. Remove excess sealant immediately with a dry paper towel.
- After using, extend a small amount of material beyond the end of the nozzle. This will cure and form a seal for the remaining material. Pull out this cured plug when you are ready to use again.
Flex Shot™ dries much faster than many other caulks and sealants. Flex Shot™ forms a tack- free skin in 20 minutes. Length of full cure time depends upon factors such as; temperature and humidity. It will become rubbery solid in about 24 hours.
Yes, you can smooth Flex Shot™ out with your finger and work with the product as desired! However, if you want to make any adjustments to the product, try to make these adjustments immediately after the product is applied, before it starts to dry. Remove any excess Flex Shot™ immediately, with a dry paper towel.
Yes! You can use the same can over and over again. Just make sure you leave a small bead (approximately 1/8”) sticking out of the top of the nozzle. Once it dries you can pull out the bead of dried product and use Flex Shot™ again and again. Remember it is best to store your Flex Shot™ in a cool dry place.
Flex Shot™ will adhere to most any surface, such as: porcelain, tile, metal, glass, fiberglass, wood, granite, stone, marble, fabric, upholstery, paper……. and just about any other surface that’s free of grease and oil.
No! Throw away your caulking gun – you won’t need it anymore! Our specially designed container delivers a reusable single step application process. A caulking gun is therefore not required.
A: It’s best to apply Flex Shot™ to a clean, dry surface; however, Flex Shot™ can be applied to a wet surface but not in standing water.
A: Yes, but it is recommended that Flex Shot™ be used in a well-ventilated area.
A: Flex Shot™ will last up to 30 years and will not fade, dry, crack, yellow or deteriorate.
A: Flex Shot™ will cover up to 50 linear feet, depending on the thickness of the bead.
A: Yes, Flex Shot™ can withstand extreme temperatures, ranging from -76°F to 350°F.
A: Flex Shot™ has not been tested for use on potable water systems.
A: Flex Shot™ is not recommended for use in extreme pressure.
A: Flex Shot™ comes in clear, white, almond and black.
A: Flex Shot™ comes in multiple colors to match almost any décor: white, almond and black. And then there’s always clear, which goes with anything and everything! We do not recommend painting over Flex Shot™.
A: Yes! The white and almond Flex Shot™ contain a mildew fungicide, which will help to prevent mildew growth.
A: Yes, just follow these simple instructions:
1. Try to apply Flex Shot™ to the side of the hole that comes into direct contact with water (for example, if sealing a hole on a bucket of water, apply Flex Shot™ on the interior side of the bucket).
2. Place a backing (such as heavy paper or wire mesh) over the hole to be filled.
3. Fill the hole and the area surrounding the hole with Flex Shot™.
4. Once Flex Shot™ is dry, the hole will be sealed.
A: Yes, extension tubes are reusable. After using Flex Shot™ with the extension tube, you can leave the extension tube affixed to the can of Flex Shot™ and dispense just enough product to leave a 1/8” bead sticking out of the extension tube. The 1/8” bead will keep the remaining product in the can from drying out. Simply pull out the dry 1/8” bead prior to using Flex Shot™.
A: Yes, the extension tubes can be cut to any size in order to produce the desired bead thickness.
A: Normal processing and handling time is 2 to 4 weeks.
A: The extension tube screws on to the top of the Flex Shot™ can and is removed by unscrewing it in a counter clockwise direction. Do NOT attempt to remove the extension tube by pulling or yanking it off.
A: The can of Flex Shot™ is pressurized and the rubber plug on the bottom of the can is there to maintain the can’s pressure. Do NOT remove the rubber plug – this will eliminate the can’s pressure which will result in the product not dispensing properly.